DAE: Direct Admission Exercise
The Direct Admission Exercise (DAE) is an admission exercise that assists students to sustain a seat in a polytechnic course prior to their GCE O-Level examinations. Participating Polytechnics are Nanyang Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Republic Polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic and Temasek Polytechnic
Benefits of Applying Through the DAE
If you apply through DPA, you will be able to guarantee a spot in the polytechnics prior to your GCE O-Level Exams. As well, you will be able to attend an 8-week Polytechnic Preparatory Program at the polytechnics, before the commencement of the formal polytechnic academic year.
The DPA is available to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents who have registered to sit for the GCE 'O'-Level examinations in the year of the DPA admission exercise and to International Students enrolled in government, government-aided and Independent Schools during the year of the application, and who have registered to sit for the GCE 'O'-Level examinations in the year of the DPA admission exercise.
The admission criteria vary by the Polytechnics. You can visit their respective websites to know more about the selection/admission criteria. Broadly speaking, all polytechnics will take into account your potential, aptitude and interests in the specific courses that you are applying for. The Direct Admissions Exercise (DAE - full-time diploma courses) is for applicants with the following qualifications to apply to Singapore Polytechnic
- Apply for Diploma in Nautical Studies
- Applicants with relevant Work Experience
- Ex-polytechnic / current other polytechnic students
- GCE 'A' Level holders
- Home Schooled students
- IB / IP qualification holders
- IGCSE / GCSE qualification holders
- International qualification holders
- Returning Singaporeans
Applicants may apply electronically via Singapore Polytechnic Course Application Service & Enquiry (SP CASE) website.
Before you begin submitting the application read step-by-step guide to have an idea of the online application.
Submission of Supporting Documents
- After submitting the online application, all applicants are required to submit CLEAR copies of the following relevant documents within THREE working days from the application closing date.
- NRIC (front and back) for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents
- Passport for international applicants
- Academic results
- CCA record
Registration process normally takes place in the month of January every year. For exact dates see Application Deadline