Joint Admission Exercise
JAE: An Introduction
The Joint Admissions Exercise (JAE) is conducted annually by the Ministry of Education (MOE) to let Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level certificate holders to apply for admission to courses offered by: Junior Colleges (JC), Millennia Institute (MI), Polytechnics (Poly) and Institute of Technical Education (ITE).
The JAE is conducted in 3 phases:
- Registration Phase- This phase is for candidates to submit their registration for courses after the release of the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level examination results.
- Posting Phase- This phase is for the posting of applicants to JC / MI / Poly / ITE courses of study.
- Posting Results Release Phase- This phase is for the release of JAE posting results. Candidates posted to JC/MI are to report to their posted institution on the succeeding working day after the posting results. Candidates posted to Poly will receive their registration package with details by end February and Candidates posted to ITE will receive their posting letter within 3 working days upon the release of JAE posting results.
All Singapore Citizens (SC) or Permanent Residents (SPR) with valid Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examinations results from any year and International students studying in a Government School, Government-Aided School or Independent School in Singapore with valid 2013 Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examination results are eligible to participate in JAE except those who have been successfully admitted to a JC/Poly through the Direct School Admission-Junior Colleges (DSA-JC) or Direct Polytechnic Admission (DPA).
Dates and Deadlines
The Joint Admissions Exercise is conducted in January after the release of the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level examination results.
Registration and Fees
Applications for courses under the JAE should be submitted online through the JAE Internet System (JAE-IS) using either JAE PIN (found in JAE Form A) or a Valid SingPass.
- For Candidates with 2013 Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examination Results: They need to submit a personalized JAE Form A which will be received on the day of official announcement of the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examination results release.
- For School Candidates studying in Government, Government-Aided, or Independent School with 2013 Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examination Results: They are eligible for JC/ MI/Poly/ITE course and will receive a personalized JAE Form A from their Secondary Schools. These candidates need to fill out the form and submit it online or at the centre.
- For Private Candidates who are Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents with 2013 Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examination results: They are eligible for JC/MI/Poly/ITE courses and will receive a personalized JAE Form A through the mail at their residential address based on their examination registration records.
As another option, candidates may register at the Ministry of Education, Customer Service Centre during the JAE Registration period. Candidates are required to bring along their original identity card, original Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examination certificate(s)/result slip(s) and Secondary School report book and/or CCA Certificate(s).
An application fee of $7 is charged for the first application and $10 for amendments to the submitted application.
The fee is collected from the applicants by the institutions (i.e. JC, MI, Polytechnic or ITE) they are enrolled in, together with other school fees after the exercise
The JAE posting results are released roughly two weeks later on the JAE registration period through the following means: JAE Internet System (JAE-IS) or Short Messaging System (SMS) via applicant’s mobile number (if provided by candidate during the JAE).